Today I was curious to check out the new Blackberry Storm at the Verizon store, and I must say I was quite fond of it. My initial impressions match most opinions in the reviews I've read. The screen is bright and beautiful, and the innovative clicking touchscreen mechanism they've put in place feels really solid. Web browsing seemed super fast on Verizon's network. I was surprised that typing was much easier in the vertical position than in landscape, full QWERTY mode (the letters are just too narrow). Ironically, I find this to be the opposite on the iPhone.
In my opinion, the Storm's biggest drawback is that its operating system is not quite as smooth as the iPhone's. For example, scrolling doesn't quite have the finesse that Apple is able to achieve so well. But it's only a minor detail, and the slight sluggishness could easily be fixed in a future software update.
All in all, I think the Storm is a nifty little device. Launching at just $199, it's priced very competitively to give the iPhone a run for its money.
No comments:
Post a Comment